Beyond Boundaries: Therapy for Kids is proud to provide comprehensive evaluations and therapy services to children and families in Western New York.
We offer services in the areas of speech and language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work, special instruction, family training and assistive technology.
We engage children using a play based approach and work closely with caregivers in developing a comprehensive therapy plan.
Types of work
Occupational TherapyHelping children develop the necessary skills for independent functioning and success, occupational therapy will engage your child in activities that develop fine motor, sensory, visual motor, behavioral, and thinking skills. Development in these areas improves performance in daily activities, including dressing, feeding, writing, play, and social participation. Occupational therapists at Beyond Boundaries use a play based approach and partner with caregivers to meet your child’s needs.
Physical TherapyPhysical Therapy assists children who have difficulties with movement, posture, body position, strength, endurance and/or balance. Physical therapists are also able to identify and work with your family to secure adaptive equipment for your child. At Beyond Boundaries our physical therapists create a playful environment with activities designed to engage and motivate your child to improve his or her skills.
Service CoordinationThe service coordinator assists families with accessing viable community resources, managing and understanding their child’s Individualized Education Plan, the transition process to the Committee on Preschool special Education Services, and facilitating the six-month reviews.
Social WorkOur team of Social Workers collaboratively teams with parents, caregivers, and teachers to address the social/emotional needs of a child. Individual counseling and parent/caregiver training can work with a children and caregivers in the areas of: Sensitivity, self-regulation, social engagement, trauma, grief, and loss, and challenging behaviors.
Speech and Language PathologySpeech and language services assist your child to better his or her communication skills. Services focus on improving your child’s ability to speak clearly and understand and use language. Services can also focus on improving oral motor and feeding skills. Beyond Boundaries providers are trained in promoting articulation, oral motor, social language, voice, fluency, feeding, swallowing and in using augmentative and assistive communication devices. We will work together in developing your child’s overall communication skills.
Our mission statement
- Our mission is to perform the highest quality, comprehensive services for children and families in Western New York.
- We intend to do so while supporting and training therapists in family-centered service provision.
- We strive to address the individual needs of each family through consultative or direct interventions using a collaborative model.
For caregivers, we offer:
- Experienced therapists
- Holistic view of development
- Family-focused approach
- Flexible scheduling
- Home, community, facility, tele-health service delivery
For providers, we offer:
- Supportive work environment
- Mentoring program
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive rates and benefits
- Support caregivers and children to maximize their potential
- Respect each individual family
- Value all employees as contributing members of a collaborative team
- Create a supportive culture, shaping employees' learning